PRIMARY SCHOOL STUDENTS (Venue: Old Wesley RFC, Donnybrook, D4.)
- We provide Irish Courses for 5th class students who are going into 6th class in September.
- We provide Irish Courses for students in Second/Third/Fourth/Fifth class in primary school.
- Our modern teaching styles and methods ensure that every student achieves real progress whilst enjoying the vibrant and energetic nature of our classes.
- Gaelcholáiste Cholumba places a significant emphasis on the spoken language.
- Students learn to converse “as Gaeilge” as confidently as they would in English on everyday topics such as attending a school match, discussing their favourite pastimes, discussing their family holidays and so on.
- Students role play a series of everyday situations and are constantly interacting with each other and with the Irish teachers “as Gaeilge” .
- Prizes are presented at the end of each day to students who make the best effort speaking “as Gaeilge”.WRITTEN WORK
- Gaelcholáiste Cholumba also places a significant emphasis on developing solid writing skills “as Gaeilge”.
- Our enthusiastic Irish teachers teach students how to structure sentences properly.
- This Irish Course teaches and explains Irish grammar and makes it simple for our students to understand.
- Students learn new vocabulary everyday and are shown how to write sentences and paragraphs correctly incorporating this new vocabulary.
- Students learn how to write the material that they speak orally each day.
- Students are introduced to Aural work once they have learned the vocabulary and grammar for the topic they are about to listen to.
- The Irish teacher reads an Irish sentence aloud.
- The teacher then asks the students to answer a specific question about what he has read aloud. Students must write down whether it is true or false.
- This is one example of the type of Aural work taught on this course.
- Aural exercises appear in the Drumcondra test. Download Irish Summer Course Brochure 2017
Download Irish Summer Course Booking Form 2017
Online Booking Form